
It's been a crazy day for college football today. So here's my run-down of the day:
Michigan 32, Appalachian St. 34. Enough said, see my previous posts or any front page of the newspaper tomorrow for more.
Texas struggled against an Arkansas St team that went 4-3 last year in that powerhouse of a conference, the Sun Belt. Final: Texas 21, Ark. St. 13.
Speaking of powerhouse conferences, I was going to brag about how the SEC is a media consensus pick for the hardest conference, something I've said since the inception of the BCS. But after today, I am going to be quiet for a while. Why? Because...
Tenn. 31, Cal 45 - I'm sorry Adam, but Tennessee didn't seem to have a very potent pass game. But I'm not talking yet, not till the 15th.
Auburn 23, Wash. St. 13 - This game was sloppier than it looks. Auburn was loosing till late in the 4th.
Georgia did look good though, taking care of Oklahoma St. 35-14.
Then again, Florida didn't lose to W. Kentucky, so I guess it could be worse.
The ACC showed that their teams could compete for the National Championship:
Virgina Tech 17, East Carolina 7 - the #9 Hokies looked horrible. And they are predicted to win the ACC championship this year.
NC State 23, UCF 25
Duke 14, UConn 45
Virginia 3, Wyoming 23
Last year's ACC Champ. Wake Forest 28, Boston College 38
But props to Georgia Tech for their killing of Weis' Notre Dame, 33-3.
And the Bowden Bowl still has to be played on Monday.
Anyways, so this year is shaping out to be a sloppy one. There doesnt seem to be a good solid team out there, except (and I hate to say it) USC. I'm not sure who can compete with them this year. Then again, that's what they said about Ohio St last year, and some team ended up beating them in the Championship game. Who was that again?
To top off the whole day, Sportscenter started off their show tonight, not with the Michigan loss, which is the greatest college football upset ever, but with this 23 year old kid for the Boston Red Sox in his 2nd career game who pitched a no-hitter against Baltimore. Congrats to Buchholz.
Sorry if this was too long, I won't do this every Saturday. I just couldn't get over how today panned out. So till next weekend, be safe and buckle up!
Oh, and Tebow does have an arm.
2 comments:
Your right, Tebow does have an arm, I mean I mean he went 13 for 17 with 300 yds. with a percentage of 76.5% against one of teh worst defenses I have seen, while the impotent (as you insisted) Erik Ainge went 32 for 47 for 271 yds. and a 68.1% against in my opinion definitely one of the top 5 teams in the country. I hope that maybe we can get 29 more yards next time, and raise our percentage more, oh wait, we threw 47 attempts while our QB had a broken pinky.....Impotent? You
have just lost all ability to comment logically on anything that has to do with sports. I won;t be surprised when you drop all your skill positions in Fantasy Football and pick up 10 or 15 kickers.
Oh yeah, they both had 3 TDs.
"Having or wielding force, authority, or influence." That is the definition of potent. I was not saying Ainge is a bad QB, nor was I saying Tennessee's WR are bad. Tennessee had no deep threat authority. What I was saying was that by my understanding of the idea of passing (And my view might be skewed from the Gator Fun n' Gun days) is that is should have the potential to go long, or at least intermediate, to have the potential to score with a quick strike. The Forward pass was invented to do just that, pass the ball forward. Now I know you can do screens, and slants, and curls, and cut backs, but to mix it up. And if you do go short for several passes, you are setting up the D for the long ball, not another screen. Tennessee had 8 passes out of 32 go for more than 10 yards, and only 4 of those were for more than 20 yards. That is not a deep threat, or a serious threat for a quick score. What I was saying was that either Ainge's finger was really hurting him, causing the majority of passes to be less than 10 yards, or Fulmer knows his WRs cant compete down field. But I know this, we will find out in two weeks, after Ainge's finger is healed, whether or not Tenn. has a deep threat. But to me, it looks like the days of Meachum or Peerless Price are over for now. I'm also not saying that Tenn. can't win games using the same scheme they used last night. 31 points is enough to win most games, if the D shows up, and you arn't playing a high powered O.
Also, my comment about Tebow having an arm was not a slap in Ainge's face, it was to all those who thought that Tebow didn't have an arm.
Again I say, we'll find out in two weeks. Until then, we're both a good team.
Post a Comment