My second favorite band Coldplay, (for more about my favorite band, click on these links: here, here, and here,) has their new album "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends" coming out in a few weeks, June 17th to be exact, and so they have been doing some amazing marketing schemes lately. First they redesigned their website, then they released their first single "Violet Hill" on the website for free download for the first week. Then they released the album on iTunes for pre-order, and offered their second single and title track "Viva la Vida" as a free download for pre-ordering. Then they went on American Idol and preformed it, and the MTV Music Video Awards. Then I saw this commercial the other night. I love the two songs so far, but this video I REALLY love. I don't know if they did it especially just for the iTunes commercial, or if its a short version of the official video for the song, but regardless it's amazing. Anyways, the song is now the second highest charted song for Coldplay, sitting at #10 on the Billboards Hot 100 list, in only three weeks on the charts (last week it was at #41.) "Violet Hill" peaked at #40 in the same amount of time. So whoever is in charge of marketing has done their job well. The album will most definitely debut at #1, and the song could break the top five, which they have never had. I'm going to try to go to their concert in Orlando in July, but I might not get it off due to the fact that I'm already taking off for the DMB concert. So here is the commercial for your viewing pleasure. Again, I really love this video.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment