Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Some Thoughts To Come Back To...

Some thoughts from Matt Chandler that I wanted to get down, and I'll come back to later. But this also gives all of my readers something to think about.

"Men are the Glory of God; and what that means is if men will do what God has commanded them to do, if men will be who He's commanded them to be, then everything else will work well; and where they fail, everything begins to unravel."

Chandler said that the most difficult command God has given humanity is for men to love their wives like Christ loved the Church. He continues:

"Jesus Christ is sinless, and yet reached out and reconciled His bride, the Church. Which means He did nothing wrong, yet He initiated reconciliation. It means when She did not respond to that reconciliation as He wanted, He let His life be taken from Him to make Her right."

1 comment:

Bob said...

Nice post. I am an east coast Chandler fan. I use Google Alerts for Chandler and it sent me your blog post.

I podcast Matt and he has really helped me to see through all of the cultural nonsense that American Christians are laden down with and live for God the way Scriptures teach.

Bob