
First off I want to say that I love Barack Obama. I have followed him since he first ran for the Illinois state senate a few years back, and I am constantly amazed by his willingness to face the issues facing not just America but the world today.
So anyways, when I came across this article, I had to post it. When you first read it, its sounds very dumb, but after reading it, you can understand the mistake. Everyone messes up with their facts every now and then. You can read the article here
Feel free to blast him if you wish, he kinda deserves it.
3 comments:
so we just excuse his mistake, on the platform he is on as "everybody makes mistakes?"
"Iraq has WMD" that mistake wasn't ok.
First off, he corrected himself when the speech was over. Something that the Bush administration didnt do for years later.
Second, Obama was using the story and the misquoted facts as an example of an issue much bigger than itself. Bush's "mistake" was the issue itself, and with that mistake, he plunged America and its allies into a war that was maybe not needed to be fought in the first place.
I do not see the same results from Obama's comment.
And third, Obama's was so unimportant, with the fact that he corrected himself, that there has not been massive press coverage on it.
So when someone makes a mistake in a speech or interview, I think it is ok to alow some grace and an oppertunity for it to be corrected.
Surly we can excuse Bush for comments like "This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February the 30th."
We can also do the same for Obama.
Shawn has a man crush..... ;)
Post a Comment