Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Joy comes in the morning?

Yesterday, my devotion included reading the 30th Psalm. In this Psalm, there is a verse (5) that says "weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning" As you can read in my post about my grandfather, I was in a darker mood last night. Although I still am battling those same questions and conflicts, this morning my devotion had a verse that does ease the mind a bit. In 1 Thes. 4:17, it talks about how those who are alive on the Day of the Lord, will be "caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air." The last part of the verse is amazing, "and so we will always be with the Lord." I have read this passage many times before, but in particular, this morning, it helps out a lot. It's amazing how God works. He also pointed out to me how we are to "stand in faith." He said that maybe, just maybe, part of my problem is that I am not standing in faith in God. Very challenging devotion today. There is a great sermon by Matt Chandler on this idea of standing. I am listening to it now for about the 5th time. Good stuff. You can download it here.

No comments: