"See that you do all I command you; do not add to it, or take away from it."
I heard a sermon just last Wednesday that the speaker used this verse in his sermon. He used it to express the idea of how we as Christians should contend for the faith. And when he quoted that verse from Deuteronomy, I thought, its funny how he uses this one verse for that purpose, yet neglects its teaching on matters such as gluttony. Anyways, so when I stumbled across this blog post, I found it to be very much in line with what I was thinking. How can we, particularly as Southern Baptist, condemn drinking alcohol, yet not even mention in sermons the need for moderation when consuming food as well? Anyways just some sporadic thoughts I had. Read the blog linked, its really good. Perry Noble is an amazing guy that God is using in a big way!
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Post Hijacker! It's always nice to hear a message about gluttony from a skinny person. \m/
yea, you like that "stumbled across" part right. no, actually i subscribe to his blog too. and yea, all "big" people should face their sin. I'll just keep eating if you dont mind though. sorry.
Post a Comment