I remember watching the part where Nicholson, playing the greatest role of a villian of all time (The Joker,) is electrocuting a man to chars, he says "Oh I got a live one here!" And also when he reads the paper about Batman, and says "Wait until they get a load of me!" I loved that movie when I was a kid. I was sorta scared by it, especially the beginning where Nicholson falls into the pit of acid, and the part where he shocks the guy, but man do I love the role he played now. That movie is a classic, and more so, Nicholson's part as the Joker is iconic and classic...
...But there's a new Joker in town, and it's Heath Ledger. Go ahead and hand him the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor posthumously, because he earned it just from the trailers of the new Batman movie coming out called "The Dark Night." The release date is July 18th, and you can bet your butt that I'm going to be there on opening night. The last time I was this excited about a movie release was American Gangster and before that, Lord of the Rings 3. So all this excitement got me thinking, which Joker is the better of the two. Apparently Nicholson was upset about not getting the oppertuntiy to reprise his role, and rightfully so. He was amazing in it, but he wasn't nominated for an Oscar. I know I'm calling it early, but I would be willing to bet that Ledger will at least get a nomination out of his role. And anyone who thinks its just because he died, hasn't seen the trailers. WOW!!! I had to change my underwear after watching them. Anyways, which is better? I'll officially wait until I see the whole movie, but I'm going early with Ledger. This is going to be an icon in the making. Like Brando in Apocalypse Now, or Pacino in Scarface. So judge for yourselves, Ledger or Nicholson? I like the last trailer the best.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment