
So I saw an amazing movie tonight, "The Great Debaters." It stars Denzel Washington and Forest Whitaker. I found out that Denzel also directs it. Anyways its based on a true story and it truly is inspiring and arousing. I highly recommend seeing it as soon as possible. Anyways, for a side note, after exiting the theater, I noticed that I and two others were the only non-black people in the crowd. And so I thought to myself, why is it that a movie about race and the struggle for equality has only 3 whites in the crowd watching it. Now I know many don't watch movies, and I know that many might have seen it earlier or watched a movie with their kids like Chipmunks or the Compass movie, but still how is it that it can be so overly unbalanced as that. 200 to 3? Anyways, sidebar done. So I say all that to say this: It has really inspired me. I think. We'll see how the week goes, but I can honestly say I heard from God for the first time in about 2 months. So that's making progress at least. More thoughts on this to come...
Go see the movie. I'll pay for your ticket. If I really like you. Just go see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment