I remember this commercial from a while ago. I distinctly remember watching this one a few days before Christmas, around the time it was ran, and I was over at my great-grandmother's house next door. She and my great uncle, my mom and dad, brother, and my grandpa and granny were all there. I was in the dinning room, we were all getting ready to sit down and eat a meal. And the T.V. was on in the living room, and I heard the commercial come on, and I freaked and ran into the living room to listen. I remember loving the silent scenes with the music playing in the background. It kinda allows you to make up your our story, your own lines in your head. I love the music too. It made me feel all warm and cozy inside, like I wanted that moment to last forever. That's what I told everybody after it went off that night. And so I just came across it now, and I watched it again, and it sent chills down my spine. One, because I still love the music and the scenes so. You can still add your own lines and story. And the music still gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. Two, because now it also gives me a bit of a feeling of coldness as well. Because now, my grandpa has all but lost his sight, and what his eyes can't see, his mind makes up. He's getting old, and his days are surely coming to an end. My granny is in a rehab facility, recovering from her stroke she had a few weeks back. And so this will be the first Christmas without all of us all together. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm fortunate enough to even still have them here with us, but it still kinds stinks. I am very close to them, grew up with them, and I can feel them slipping away. I can feel my entire childhood slipping away. I'm a very sentimental kind of guy, I know that might sound gay, but what ever. Anyways, I can still feel how I felt that night a few years back, and my heart pains for that time again. But time marches on. And so I go, and everyone else, with it. Man, I had it made back then. Anyways, I know this kinda was a downer post, but watch the video, and reflect on it bearing in mind that Christ makes all things better. It's still an amazing commercial. Add your own lines, your own story. And let the music take you there, back to that time, or maybe even now, and let you just linger there for a few seconds. Relive and cherish them. And then move forward. Not forgetting, but pressing on still. They can make a grown man cry, memories. Thank God for memories. But don't let them become our idols. Enjoy the clip, and go out and buy a Publix Ham! And stay close to your loved ones, cherish them. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment