
Well, I haven't posted in two weeks, due in part to the lack of desire and to the lack of time. So I figured I'd give a bit of an update on things in general.
- Congrats to all Mizzou fans out there. Your one win away from the big game. Good luck!
- Tebow should win the Heisman. His numbers are ridiculous. That being said, if McFadden or Daniel wins, I will support it.
- The Ole' Ball Coach should leave USC and go coach UT. The Vol Nation would gain one citizen overnight.
- My grandmother's sepsis, CHF, and pneumonia have cleared up. So now rehab for the stroke starts. She can remember stuff like her Social Security number and her birthday (memories) but she can't dial her home phone number, even if it is written right in front of her and with coaching. Her movement in her left side is progressing, she can lift her hand slightly and squeeze your hand lightly. She should be back at home around Valentine's Day.
- I got a new MacBook last week. Long story on why, but lets just say many will benefit from this decision. Ask me if you wish to hear the long story.
- My job status is up in the air right now. This is another long story (ask me if you want to know,) but just be praying that I will be pushed and shoved in the right direction. Pray that God forces the issue.
- Isn't kinda funny how my job security follows me purchasing a new MacBook? Good Lord, I am in need of some help!
- I got the new Rob Bell Nooma DVD "Name" last week also. It turns out me and Bell have more in common than just our liberalistic social agendas (or as Bell would call them, "Genesis 2 issues",) we also both see a counselor. Great minds think alike! Ha Ha Ha! And yes, the video was good. Go watch it.
- Chris Elrod of Compass Point Church, had a good post the other day on the subject of love and truth. I would recommend going and reading it here as soon as possible.
- Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Since my grandmother was in the rehab facility, my family had dinner in Ft. Meade. I had to work, so I didn't get to go, but I did get a plate once I got off, and it was good. By the way, there is no better way to make someone thankful than by making them work in the hospital on Thanksgiving Day. When you are pushing a patient on a stretcher from ER to his room, and he is a quadriplegic with MRSA and VRE, and is being fed through a feeding tube, you begin to be very grateful just for the chance to work and eat a wholesome dinner at midnight.
- I missed church today for the first time since the Story Telling Festival. Short story for this one, I have no good excuse. If you would like for me to elaborate on this one, just ask. On that note, I am sorry to those who were put into a bind, or to those who my absence might have caused some issues. I am in general, sorry to all those who I have let down in the past few months. I only ask that you will grant me the chance to reprove myself when the time comes.
So that about covers it. I'll try to post some more later on in the week. We'll see. Until then!
"Gravity is working against me, And gravity wants to bring me down..."
3 comments:
Hey man...miss you guys. Anyways, I need your address, I am about to send out a prayer letter. Thanks,
Brannen
bro, you alright? you wanna hang sometime?
Hey I'm glad you said my profile should read "My wife and I." I originally had that...but an English major informed me that it should read "My wife and me."
Also, Heather and I will be in town Dec. 18-26, so we would like to hang out with you Journey people outside of the Sunday service.
Post a Comment