

Joe Rodda, that astounding musician who is our worship leader for Journey, does a way better job than Jason Mraz could ever do (and I love Jason Mraz,) on "A Song for a Friend." If you have a myspace, go look him up and listen to it, it's amazing. But what I wanted to say other than that is the last verse of the song goes like this:
Climb up over the top.
Survey the state of the soul.
You've got to find out for yourself whether or not you're truly trying.
Why not give it a shot?
Shake it. Take control and inevitably wind up
Find out for yourself all the strengths you have inside of you.
I'm not truly trying, that's my problem. Why? Well I'm still working on that part. I'm sure it's due in part because of the "mind set on the flesh" thing. So I will press into God, and as David Crowder would say, "The heart breaking makes a sound I never knew could be, so beautiful and loud, fury filled, and we collide."
No comments:
Post a Comment