Saturday, July 7, 2007

Ask Shawn 4.0

Dear Shawn,

Hello, I'm Roberta from Smackover, Arkansas. I've been trying to work for the kingdom and help start new churches but lately my other skills are being called upon. People've been trying to steal stuff and I've sprung into action with: running, tackling, numb-chucks, Chinese star-throwing, interrogation, etc So what is your advice...am I doing good for the kingdom or am I some kind of a crime fighter or something?

Limping, but packin' a hickory stick in Smackover,
Roberta

p.s. I've heard that adding an iPhone to my crime-fighting arsenal might help. I'm not in my 20's, should I get an iPhone?
p.p.s I'm a woman but I can go toe-to-toe with any man, so don't recommend me any of that barefoot-in-the-kitchen stuff.


Roberta,

Well it just so happens that I'm packing a scorched Beechwood Derby handle cane, so welcome to the club. As far as the crime fighting goes, I've had a similar situation happen to me as well! Doesn't all that running hurt your leg afterwards? Anyways, to answer your question, I find that after a rough outing chasing criminals, it helps to just stop and think about what you are called to do. Are you called to bring human justice to man, or to help others to avoid God's justice by teaching them to lean upon His grace? That, I'm afraid Roberta, is a question only you can answer. Here's a little heart warming verse to sooth over your soul on this matter. Hope it speaks volumes into your life. Rev. 19:11. Read it.

Showing grace,

Shawn

No comments: