“Surely there is no missionary who goes forth to preach the Gospel to others who does not know that it is only by the power and presence of the Holy Spirit that his words can accomplish anything. And surely there is no pastor who does not acknowledge that it is only by the work of the Holy Spirit in his congregation that holy lives can be produced. It may seem that in stressing the role of the Holy Spirit in the mission of the Church I am simply repeating what everyone knows. And yet I have become convinced that, even when this belief is present and vivid, there are factors in the structures and traditions of our work which can prevent the belief from becoming effective.” — Lesslie Newbigin, The Mission Of The Triune God, 29.
I got this from Alan Hirsch's blog. If you haven't already, go and subscribe to it here.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment