Thursday, July 12, 2007

Obama in Iowa

To prove that I am not biased in my condemnation of certain political figures, I offer this post. This week, when the Senate resumed calls for Bush to bring the troops home, and looked to push legislation through the chamber, two top democratic candidates were not present to hear, debate, and vote. They were both in Iowa giving campaign speeches. Obama spoke on the economy, and Clinton spoke on the war. Now, while I am not opposed to sitting senators or reps from campaigning, I am opposed to them be absent on days that deal with more urgent, and highly important issues, such in this case. And for the record, McCain was on the floor, and gave a speech from it. I wish he could make it to the primaries, it just doesn't look like he has enough money to do it.

No comments: