Thursday, July 12, 2007

One of Thompson's good sides


Just read an article about Fred Thompson's view on abortion, and in it outlined some of his core governmental beliefs. I'm talking about going all the way back to Jefferson-Hamilton type of debate over how the government should work. You can read the article here. In the article Thompson is quoted as saying, "I've always thought that Roe v. Wade was a wrong decision," Thompson said, "that they usurped what had been the law in this country for 200 years, that it was a matter that should go back to the states. When you get back to the states, I think the states should have some leeway." Now I'm a big state rights man, that's the reason I originally registered as a Republican when I turned 18. That one issue, if viewed in line with my ideology, can solve many issues that face us today. So when Thompson says this, I love it! I have said, and for now will continue to say that if the general election comes down to Clinton and Thompson, I'm going with Thompson. I encourage everyone who holds either states' rights or abortion as a high issue to read the article. (That's for you too Adam.)

Also, for those who might need a refresher course on states' rights, go to this link.

No comments: