Man, music can sure rip to the very bottom of your soul and tear it to shreds. As I was driving home from work tonight, I decided to listen to some older country. I started off with Alabama, then I went to The Judds, for there was one song I was longing to hear in particular, "Why Not Me." But right before it was their song "Young Love, Strong Love," and so I played it first. Man, what a good song. If you've never heard it, go download it. Its an awesome love song. Anyways, then "Why Not Me" played next. And so as I listened to the song, I felt like crying. Not because the song it sad (its upbeat,) but because of the memories attached to it. It reminds me of a better day, this song in particular, at my grandparents house in Ft. Meade, hearing it coming out of the small clock radio outside in the carport. There is something spiritual about music, in how it connects to us on much more than just a physical way. I don't know what it is about it, it just does. Anyways, I'm not sure what else to say on that, other than it sends chills down my spine to hear songs from my childhood that I haven't hard in a while. So if you interested, I found "Why Not Me" to play. Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment